We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lunar gardening calendar: the principle
For more than a century, several generations of gardeners and peasants have observed the influence of the moon on the quality of their crops. By comparing observations and experiences, several principles were highlighted, which made it possible to establish correspondences between the phases of the moon, its trajectory in the sky and the development of plants… with the key real benefits of the moon over the plants, fruits and vegetables of the garden!
Lunar calendar in February 2020: which moon phases?
If you follow the precepts of the lunar gardening, the rising and falling phases of the moon are very important: indeed, the rising moon phases are those during which you will be able to sow, grow, graft; while the descending phases will be reserved for pruning, planting, cutting and repotting.
Likewise, during the waning moon phases (period from the new moon to the full moon) the crops are supposed to be kept for conservation, while during the waning moon phases (period which runs from the full moon to the next new moon), the crops are made to be consumed.
During the first half of February:
- From February 1 to February 3, 2020: ascending moon
- From February 4 to 16, 2020: waning moon
- First quarter: Sunday February 2
- Full moon: Sunday February 9
During the second half of February:
- From February 17 to 29, 2020: rising moon
- Last quarter: Saturday February 15
- New Moon: Sunday February 23
Lunar calendar of February 2020: the days when it is better not to garden
Gardening with the moon involves respecting certain principles, such as that of not gardening (or avoiding gardening 5 hours before or after) on days when the moon is at a period:
- Apogee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon deviates from it as much as possible (maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon).
- Perigee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its journey around the Earth, the moon gets as close as possible to the latter (minimum distance between the two stars).
- Lunar node (when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon "cuts" the plane of rotation of the latter around the Sun).
For the month of February 2020:
- Lunar perigee: Monday, February 10
- Descending lunar node: Thursday, February 6
- Lunar climax: Wednesday February 26
- Ascending lunar node: Wednesday February 17
Lunar calendar for the month of February 2020: fruit days, leaf days, flower days…
Taking into account its orbit, its axis and its distance from the Earth, the lunar calendar differentiates:
- Fruit days, during which you will have to focus on your fruit trees, whether planting, sowing or harvesting!
- On root days, where emphasis should be placed on planting, sowing and harvesting bulbs and root vegetables.
- Flower days, in other words the perfect days to care for your flowers, shrubs and other plants.
- On leaf days, particularly favorable for cutting, pruning, planting, sowing and cutting of leafy plants.
Applied to the lunar gardening calendar in February 2020:
- Fruit days in February 2020: Saturday February 1, Sunday February 9, Monday February 10, Tuesday February 18, Wednesday February 19, Thursday February 20, Friday February 28, Saturday February 29.
- Root days in February 2020: Sunday February 2, Monday February 3, Tuesday February 4, Wednesday February 5, Tuesday February 11, Wednesday February 12, Thursday February 13, Friday February 14.
- Flower days in February 2020: Thursday February 6, Saturday February 15, Friday February 21, Saturday February 22, Sunday February 23.
- Leaf days in February 2020: Friday February 7, Saturday February 8, Sunday February 16, Monday February 17, Monday February 24, Tuesday February 25, Wednesday February 26, Thursday February 27.