We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lunar gardening calendar: the principle
For more than a century, several generations of gardeners and peasants have observed the influence of the moon on the quality of their crops. By comparing observations and experiences, several principles were highlighted, which made it possible to establish correspondences between the phases of the moon, its trajectory in the sky and the development of plants… with the key real benefits of the moon over the plants, fruits and vegetables of the garden!
Lunar calendar in December 2019: which moon phases?
If you follow the precepts of the lunar gardening, the rising phases and down of the moon are very important: in fact, the phases of the rising moon are those during which you will be able to sow, grow, graft; while the descending phases will be reserved for pruning, planting, cuttings and repotting.
Likewise, during crescent moon phases (period which passes from the new moon to the full moon) the harvests are supposed to be reserved for conservation, while during waning moon phases (period which passes from the full moon to the next new moon), the harvests are made to be consumed.
During the first half of December:
From December 1 to December 10, 2019: ascending moon
From 11 to 23 December 2019: waning moon
First quarter: Wednesday, December 4
Full moon: Thursday, December 12
During the second half of December :
From December 24 to 31, 2019: rising moon
Last quarter: Thursday December 19
New moon: Thursday, December 26
Lunar calendar for December 2019: the days when it is better not to garden
Gardening with the moon involves respecting certain principles, such as that of not gardening (or avoiding gardening 5 hours before or after) on days when the moon is at a period:
- Apogee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon deviates from it as much as possible (maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon).
- Perigee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its journey around the Earth, the moon gets as close as possible to the latter (minimum distance between the two stars).
- Lunar node (when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon "cuts" the plane of rotation of the latter around the Sun).
For the month of December 2019 :
Lunar perigee: Wednesday December 18
Descending lunar node: Friday, December 13
Lunar peak: Thursday, December 5
Ascending lunar node: Thursday, December 26
Lunar calendar for the month of December 2019: fruit days, leaf days, flower days ...
Taking into account its orbit, its axis and its distance from the Earth, the lunar calendar differentiates:
- Fruit days, during which you will have to focus on your fruit trees, whether planting, sowing or harvesting!
- On root days, where emphasis should be placed on planting, sowing and harvesting bulbs and root vegetables.
- Flower days, in other words the perfect days to care for your flowers, shrubs and other plants.
- On leaf days, particularly favorable for cutting, pruning, planting, sowing and cutting of leafy plants.
Applied to the lunar gardening calendar in December 2019:
- Fruit days in December 2019: Sunday December 8, Monday December 9, Tuesday December 18, Wednesday December 19, Thursday December 20, Friday December 28, Saturday December 29.
- Root Days in December 2019 : Tuesday December 10, Wednesday December 11, Thursday December 12, Thursday December 19, Friday December 20, Saturday December 21, Saturday December 28.
- Flower days in December 2019 : Sunday December 1, Monday December 2, Tuesday December 3, Friday December 13, Saturday December 14, Sunday December 22, Sunday December 29, Monday December 30, Tuesday December 31.
- Leaf days in December 2019: Wednesday December 4, Thursday December 5, Friday December 6, Saturday December 7, Sunday December 15, Monday December 23, Tuesday December 24, Wednesday December 25.